Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

History

 

Challa GardensOur School originally known as Kilkenny North Public School was established on July 16th 1926, teaching however did not commence until 1927 with 474 students. The school committee chose the motto “play the game” and school colours were brown and blue. In 1928 the school name was changed to Challa Gardens Primary School.

 

The first school building which consisted of 8 classrooms, bookroom, office and a cloakroom is still standing today and is home to four upper primary classrooms, computer suite, special education room, resource centre and offices.

 

 

 

In 1936 the infant school building was constructed, this building is also still in use today and currently houses two junior primary classes and technology room.

 

The school further expanded in the 1940’s and 50’s when the first special English classes for migrants commenced and student enrolment peaked at 1139 students, by the 50th birthday in 1976 this had reduced to 450. In 1986 the Multi-Purpose school hall, which is used daily by staff and students was officially opened.

 

In the late 1990’s Challa Gardens welcomed families from Croydon & Croydon Park Primary Schools after the closure of those schools.