The Challa Gardens Primary School Library is a warm and welcoming place for students, staff and families.
The library has a wide range of novels, picture books, graphic novels and information books providing for all interests and reading abilities. Our range of reading resources cater to all areas of the Australian Curriculum.
Our core purpose is to:
- engage students in developing a love for reading that enhances their growth as life-long readers
- develop students’ inquiry skills through research using both book and internet resource
- provide teachers and classes with rich quality resources to support in teaching and learning.
Each class visits the library twice a week:
- to work with the Teacher Librarian in choosing appropriate and ‘good fit’ books for reading at home. Each student is seen as an individual and so importance of book selection for enjoyment is significant
- to work with the Teacher Librarian within a curriculum topic developing inquiry and research skills
- to promote the development of information literacy skills.
The library is also open every day from 8:30 – 3:20pm.
Use of the library to read, borrow, chat and play games is encouraged before and after school, and during lunchtimes.