Child Protection Curriculum
The Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum (KS:CPC) is a mandated child safety program for children and young people from age 3 to year 12.
The program is taught yearly by teachers who have completed a one-day KS: CPC training course.
The program areas are targeted to the age of the learners and teaches children to:
- recognise abuse and tell a trusted adult about it
- understand what is appropriate and inappropriate touching
- understand ways of keeping themselves safe.
The curriculum follows two main themes:
- we all have the right to be safe
- we can help ourselves to be safe by talking to people we trust.
Themes are explored through four focus areas:
- the right to be safe
- recognising and reporting abuse
- protective strategies.